- instrument issued outside your country, but denominated in your currency. A Eurodollar is a certificate of deposit in U.S. dollars issued in some other country (though mainly traded in London). A Euroyen is a CD issued in yen outside Japan. Bloomberg Financial Dictionary
* * *eurocurrency eu‧ro‧cur‧ren‧cy [ˈjʊərəʊˌkʌrənsi ǁ ˈjʊroʊˌkɜː-] noun eurocurrencies PLURALFORM [countable] FINANCEany currency bought and sold outside its country of origin, not just in Europe:
• In the eurocurrency market, three-month Eurodollar deposits currently yield 6.19%.
* * *A currency that is held on deposit outside its country of origin. The most extensively used Eurocurrency is the Eurodollar.
* * *Eurocurrency UK US /ˈjʊərəʊˌkʌrənsi/ noun [C or U] (plural Eurocurrencies) (also Euromoney [U])► MONEY money that governments and large companies keep or trade outside their own country anywhere in the world. Eurocurrency does not refer to the euro, the currency used in some European countries: »
If a UK resident had a deposit in a UK bank in any currency other than sterling, this would be an example of Eurocurrency.
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
Eurocurrency — Eu·ro·cur·ren·cy /ˌyu̇r ō kər ən sē/ n pl cies: currency (as from the U.S. and Japan) held outside its country of origin and used in the money markets of Europe Merriam Webster’s Dictionary of Law. Merriam Webster. 1996 … Law dictionary
Eurocurrency — [yoor′ō kʉr΄ən sē] n. pl. Eurocurrencies deposits denominated in the currency of, but held in banks outside of, their country of origin, esp. in Europe … English World dictionary
eurocurrency — A foreign currency deposit at a bank located outside the country where the currency is issued as a legal tender. For example, dollars deposited in a bank in Switzerland are eurodollars, yen deposited at a US bank are euroyen, etc. The deposit… … Accounting dictionary
eurocurrency — A foreign currency deposit at a bank located outside the country where the currency is issued as a legal tender. For example, dollars deposited in a bank in Switzerland are eurodollars, yen deposited at a US bank are euroyen, etc. The deposit… … Big dictionary of business and management
Eurocurrency — / jυərəυkʌrənsi/ noun any currency used for trade within Europe but outside its country of origin, the eurodollar being the most important ● a Eurocurrency loan ● the Eurocurrency market … Dictionary of banking and finance
Eurocurrency — Currency deposited by national governments or corporations in banks outside their home market. This applies to any currency and to banks in any country. For example, South Korean won deposited at a bank in South Africa, is considered eurocurrency … Investment dictionary
Eurocurrency — noun Date: 1963 moneys (as of the United States and Japan) held outside their countries of origin and used in the money markets of Europe … New Collegiate Dictionary
Eurocurrency — /yoor oh kerr euhn see, kur , yerr /, n., pl. Eurocurrencies. funds deposited in the bank of a European country in the currency of another country. Also called Euromoney /yoohr euh mun ee, yerr /. [EURO + CURRENCY] * * * … Universalium
eurocurrency — Tradúzcase por eurodivisas … Diccionario español de neologismos
Eurocurrency — ⇡ Eurodollar … Lexikon der Economics